Constellium has announced its new Alplan Beyond Precision product line, which was developed to provide high value-add solutions to customers by adding plate with advanced mechanical properties to its offerings. The Alplan product line consists of specialty rolled plates with up to 15 times better flatness compared to industry standards, says Constellium, as well as up to 40% less material needs and up to 90% reduction in part rework compared to a mill finish plate.
Key benefits of Constellium’s new Alplan product line include:
- Excellent mechanical properties, outstanding shape stability and tight dimensional tolerances that support weight reduction, scrap and cost savings
- Accelerating the output of production lines by up to 50% less manufacturing time
- Best-in-class flatness obtained through tightly controlled rolling, highly advanced heat treatment and precision milling on both sides of the plate, eliminating the majority of set ups and low value machine passes
- Optimized flow path minimizing residual stress to make Alplan up to three times more stable than a mill finish plate, resulting in up to 90% percent reduction in part rework
- Best anodizing results even for typically difficult products.
“Alplan Beyond Precision is an excellent solution for our customers’ requirements for constant productivity increases. We demonstrate once more our commitment for operational excellence throughout the entire supply chain, making our customers’ lives easier and helping to reduce their production cost,” says Ingrid Joerg, president Aerospace and Transportation at Constellium.
“TRA-C Industrie specializes on highly demanding final applications for defence. Thanks to Alplan aluminium plates, we successfully overcame various technical challenges,” says Bruno Voland, CEO of TRA-C Industrie. “Alplan provides exceptional dimensional stability and flatness paired with very narrow thickness tolerance resulting in better machinability and weldability, both by advanced techniques such as friction stir welding and more traditional ones. With Alplan we improve welding productivity and profitability.”
The Constellium Alplan production centre is located in Sierre, Switzerland.