Entries for the next Alufoil Trophy are now being accepted.
Finally, it’s that time of the year again! The European Aluminium Foil Association (EAFA) is looking for the latest products, ideas and applications from all parts of the European aluminium foil sector. The competition highlights best practice, and turns the spotlight on the most important areas of R&D and application innovation. Entries are now being accepted for the Alufoil Trophy until the deadline of 14 November 2019.
In recent years, the winners of the Alufoil Trophy have been able to demonstrate the innovative power and excellent application possibilities from all areas of the European aluminium foil industry with brand new ideas, solutions and creative designs. Only the best entries can convince the international jury, consisting of world leading experts, and achieve recognition far beyond the industry.
This year’s competition offers an additional plus for the winners, as there will be a special award ceremony taking place during interpack 2020 in Dusseldorf, the world’s largest packaging technology fair. Their winning products will also be displayed on the EAFA stand.
“Impressed by the ingenuity and creativity shown by the contestants”
“The competition has grown in prestige and importance over the years and truly highlights the ‘state-of-the-art’ in Europe,” explains Guido Aufdemkamp, EAFA’s Executive Director. “It reflects the current trends and drivers in the aluminium foil sector, particularly environmental and sustainability issues as well as innovative designs made possible by using versatile aluminium as a packaging material. We are impressed every year by the ingenuity and creativity shown by contestants. These often combine environmental and social elements with remarkable design and performance advances,” he added.
The field is very broad – so entries can come from packaging designers, brand owners, foil rollers, foil converters, foil container manufacturers, closure manufacturers, household foil manufacturers, retailers, industrial solution providers, as well as interested consumer groups or associations. It is also possible to combine entries from any of these disciplines.
The Alufoil Trophy categories honours best practices in the following categories:
- Marketing + Design: Improvements to graphic and structural packaging design, ergonomics and ideas that lead to greater shelf appeal at point-of-sale, as well as industrial design applications.
- Consumer Convenience: Answering calls for improved technical performance that provides benefits to the consumer.
- Resource Efficiency: Sustainable environmental performance is among the foremost challenges faced by industry. Developments should provide benefits and demonstrate environmental and commercial advantages whether in consumer or industrial applications
- Product Protection: Best practices for delivering products safely and hygienically.
- Technical Innovation: The development of innovative ideas should provide benefits for the brand owner, retailer, consumer and industrial user through the performance of a material, manufacturing method or conversion process.
More details and application forms are available at www.trophy.alufoil.org.