Gränges has announced a set of ambitious sustainability targets to further integrate sustainability across the company and the value chain.
Gränges is a specialist company focused on rolled products for heat exchangers and selected niche products. CEO Johan Menckel said: “How we plan and run our business today has a profound impact on the future. We must continuously challenge ourselves to develop sustainable offerings that create tangible business and sustainability benefits for our customers. Through the light-weighting properties and the recyclability of aluminium, our products promote a circular approach and enable customers and end-users to achieve significant savings in energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. The goals also make sense from a business point of view as sustainability measures can increase our financial top and bottom-line. Gränges’ new long-term targets demonstrate our commitment to sustainability and our strong focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.”
A subset of the 2025 sustainability targets include:
- Reduce number of recordable accidents per million hours worked (Total Recordable Rate) to 3.0.
- Reduce direct and energy indirect carbon emissions intensity by 25 percent versus 2017.
- Reach 100 percent annual training participation in Gränges’ Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that 100 percent of the purchase value from significant suppliers is committed to Gränges’ Supplier Code of Conduct or equivalent standard.
- Increase the share of women among senior management to at least 30 percent.
A full overview of Gränges’ 2025 sustainability targets can be found on the company's website: