Power failure at Albras causes partial shutdown of capacity

Back to Posts

One of the four production lines at the Albras aluminium smelter in Brazil has been shut down due to a fire in an electrical transformer on Friday. The fire has been put out and the incident did not cause any people-related injuries. The other three lines have not been affected and are running as normal.

With an annual production capacity of 460,000 tonnes per year, Albras is the largest producer of primary aluminium in Brazil. Hydro owns 51% of Albras, while the remaining 49% is owned by Nippon Amazon Aluminium Co. Ltd. Albras is located in the city of Barcarena in the Pará region in northern Brazil, next to Hydro’s Alunorte alumina refinery.

Share this post

Back to Posts