Presezzi Extrusion and Coim have started a cooperation with Kalkenings Engineering & Consulting for the sale of the Presezzi machines, systems and services.
The sales partnership, which started early in May, covers the countries Germany, Austria, German-speaking Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands. Kalkenings Engineering & Consulting will be the contact reference for the customers on site for the entire duration of a project.
Presezzi Extrusion has been a renowned and reliable partner to the non-ferrous metals industry for many years. The delivery programme includes:
- Foundry equipment such as melting and casting furnaces, charging systems, casting machines for horizontal and vertical casting, refining furnaces for scrap, treatment plants for slag and flue gas cleaning plants
- Direct / indirect extrusion presses, billet heating and manipulation systems, outlet systems with intensive cooling and integrated straightening and sawing systems.
- Finishing lines for assembling, transporting, storing and packaging of profiles.
- Billet heating furnaces and heat treatment furnaces for semi-finished or finished products for bright annealing, stress relief annealing, aging annealing, conditioning and cleaning.
- Revamping to increase capacity and reduce process costs as well as repairs and delivery of spare parts according to drawings or measurements.
Sales partner Kalkenings with long experience in the NF metals industry
Kalkenings Engineering & Consulting was founded in March 2020. The owner, Peter Kalkenings, worked for machine manufacturers and production plants and collected more than 20 years of experience in the non-ferrous metals industry. His office offers to machine builders and production companies classic design work, product development down to sales start, process optimization for purchasing, production and sales as well as the services of an external staff function.
Innovations such as the development of the Z.P.E. (permanent magnet heaters for extrusion billets), which is characterized by high operating cost savings and process reliability, are for Presezzi the key for a win-win situation with the customer,” stresses Kalkenings. Thanks to the cooperation with his engineering and consulting office, the customer now has an efficient contact on site.